- In 2021,1 in 6 deaths from cardiovascular disease was due to stroke
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke
- Every 3 minutes and 14 seconds, someone dies of stroke
- Every year, more than 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke. About 610,000 of these are first or new strokes
- About 185,000 strokes—nearly 1 in 4—are in people who have had a previous stroke.
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious long-term disability. Stroke reduces mobility in more than half of stroke survivors age 65 and older.
- Strokes can happen at ANY age. (mine just happened to be at 36!)